Ensure Your Hypnotherapy Training Provider Is Accredited
Understanding accreditation is a critical consideration when choosing a training provider.
It important that you ensure your hypnotherapy training is certified and recognised by a national professional association as it provides you with all of the following:
- insurance coverage
- supervision options
- ongoing professional development
- health fund rebates for your clients
There are a many hypnotherapy training providers across the globe and while there a many decent accredited hypnotherapy training providers, unfortunately there are also those training providers that operate outside of the accreditation system.
Two types of Hypnotherapy Training Providers:
- Accredited training providers who are Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- Non-accredited training providers – those who operate outside the system
Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s)
Registered Training Organisation’s (RTO’s) are subject to a much higher level of scrutiny from regulatory bodies than non-government training providers. However, RTO’s are allowed to offer both accredited and non-accredited courses, which mean there is a range of professionalism and expertise amongst them.
At AICH we always recommend you do a little research into your hypnotherapy training provider of choice to ensure the organization is an RTO with an accredited course and its trainers are adequately qualified.
Choosing A Hypnotherapy Training Provider Checklist:
- Is it a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?
- Is the course accredited?
- What are the qualifications of the trainers?
Non-Accredited Training Providers – Operating Outside the System
When choosing a hypnotherapy training you provider, you must be aware of providers that operate outside of the system without any recognised accreditation. We advise that you steer well away from these sorts of providers. In order to make it easier for you to identify this kind of non-accredited training provider we have put together a list of common traits.
Common traits of non-accredited hypnotherapy providers:
- Allows you to join course without proof of qualifications
- Overseas operator providing online training
- Offers short courses (2 – 7 days)
- Name of Course sounds prestigious e.g. ‘Master of Hypnotherapy’ or ‘Doctorate in Hypnotherapy’
The qualifications that these types of courses claim to offer are not recognised in Australia, which means you run the risk of spending lots of money and receiving absolutely no recognition for your effort.
Where to from here?
1) Download a Course Guide
2) Register for our Next Free Event
3) Call the office on 1300 745 486 and talk to us about either non accredited or Diploma Courses